By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
  • Home
  • Business
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Science
  • Tech
  • World
  • Marathi
  • Hindi
  • Gujarati
  • videos
  • Press Release
    • Press Release
    • Press Release Distribution Packages
  • Live Streaming
  • Legal Talk
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
    • Home 1
  • Categories
  • Legal Talk
  • Bookmarks
  • More Foxiz
    • Sitemap
Follow US
Latest World News Update > Blog > National > Assam floods: Over 24.20 lakh people affected in 30 districts, Dhubri worst-hit – World News Network
National

Assam floods: Over 24.20 lakh people affected in 30 districts, Dhubri worst-hit – World News Network

worldnewsnetwork
Last updated: July 5, 2024 12:00 am
By worldnewsnetwork
Share
3 Min Read
SHARE

Guwahati (Assam) [India], July 5 (ANI): Amid the grim situation in Assam owing to the floods, over 24.20 lakh people in 30 districts have been affected so far.
Among the worst-hit districts in the state is Dhubri, where 7,75,721 people have been affected.
Agricultural lands have also been affected where flood waters have submerged 63490.97 hectares of crop area and 3518 villages under 112 revenue circles are affected.
Meanwhile, the water level of the Brahmaputra River is flowing above the danger level mark at Neamatighat, Guwahati, Goalpara, and Dhubri.
The other affected districts in the state are Cachar, Kamrup, Hailakandi, Hojai, Dhubri, Nagaon, Morigaon, Goalpara, Dibrugarh, Nalbari, Dhemaji, Bongaigaon, Lakhimpur, Jorhat, Sonitpur, Kokrajhar, Karimganj, South Salmara, Tinsukia, Charaideo, Barpeta, Karbi Anglong, Golaghat, Sivasagar, Chirang, Majuli, Biswanath, Darrang, Karbi Anglong West, Kamrup Metropolitan.
Also, one child is missing in the Kamrup Metropolitan district.
Amidst the critical flood situation in the state, Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Friday visited Dibrugarh town and reviewed the situation of flood.
He visited the flood-affected areas of Dibrugarh on foot and interacted with the people.
The Chief Minister also engaged with experts and the residents to find a community-driven solution to the problem of inundation.
Sharing the video on social media platform X, Himanta Biswa Sarma wrote, “Today met the people in the flood-affected areas of Dibrugarh and took their feedback. In Dibrugarh Town, we will be engaging experts and the local residents to find a community-driven solution to the problem of inundation.”
Addressing media persons on the flood situation, Sarma said, “Currently, the flood situation in Assam is improving and the water level has decreased. But in the areas of the embankment bridge, the flooding situation persists. We are trying to help everybody.”
There has been a power cut in Dibrugarh for the last 6 days and on the restoration of the power supply, Sarma said that it had been turned off to ensure that there were no mishaps due to electrocution.
The flood situation in Assam is still grim and is critical with a death toll of 52. (ANI)

Contents
WORLD MEDIA NETWORKPRESS RELEASE DISTRIBUTIONPress releases distribution in 166 countriesPress releases in all languagesPress releases in Indian LanguagesIndia PackagesEurope PackagesAsia PackagesMiddle East & Africa PackagesSouth America PackagesUSA & Canada PackagesOceania PackagesCis Countries PackagesWorld Packages

Disclaimer: This story is auto-generated from a syndicated feed of ANI; only the image & headline may have been reworked by News Services Division of World News Network Inc Ltd and Palghar News and Pune News and World News

sponsored by

WORLD MEDIA NETWORK


PRESS RELEASE DISTRIBUTION

Press releases distribution in 166 countries

EUROPE UK, INDIA, MIDDLE EAST, AFRICA, FRANCE, NETHERLANDS, BELGIUM, ITALY, SPAIN, GERMANY, AUSTRIA, SWITZERLAND, SOUTHEAST ASIA, JAPAN, SOUTH KOREA, GREATER CHINA, VIETNAM, THAILAND, INDONESIA, MALAYSIA, SOUTH AMERICA, RUSSIA, CIS COUNTRIES, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND AND MORE

Press releases in all languages

ENGLISH, GERMAN, DUTCH, FRENCH, PORTUGUESE, ARABIC, JAPANESE, and KOREAN CHINESE, VIETNAMESE, INDONESIAN, THAI, MALAY, RUSSIAN. ITALIAN, SPANISH AND AFRICAN LANGUAGES

Press releases in Indian Languages

HINDI, MARATHI, GUJARATI, TAMIL, TELUGU, BENGALI, KANNADA, ORIYA, PUNJABI, URDU, MALAYALAM
For more details and packages

Email - support@worldmedianetwork.uk
Website - worldmedianetwork.uk

India Packages

Read More

Europe Packages

Read More

Asia Packages

Read More

Middle East & Africa Packages

Read More

South America Packages

Read More

USA & Canada Packages

Read More

Oceania Packages

Read More

Cis Countries Packages

Read More

World Packages

Read More
sponsored by
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Copy Link Print
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Fast Four Quiz: Precision Medicine in Cancer

How much do you know about precision medicine in cancer? Test your knowledge with this quick quiz.
Get Started
APSEZ breaks records: Handles 420 MMT cargo globally, sets new milestones in March 2024 – World News Network

The company announced that it achieved its highest ever monthly cargo volumes,…

Stock market opens on a bullish note: Nifty-Sensex surge – World News Network

Simultaneously, the BSE Sensex followed suit, leaping by 317.27 points or 0.43…

IIHM Institute of Hospitality Skills (IIHS) opens largest training centre in Udaipur – World News Network

New Delhi [India], April 1: IIHM Institute of Hospitality Skills (IIHS), India's…

Your one-stop resource for medical news and education.

Your one-stop resource for medical news and education.
Sign Up for Free

You Might Also Like

“Govt working on war footing to resolve issue”: Ajit Pawar on Maratha quota row – World News Network

By worldnewsnetwork

Delhi: Two more of Nandu-Venkat Garg gang arrested after encounter linked to Chhawla firing case – World News Network

By worldnewsnetwork

PM Modi on Mann ki Baat: Digital Platform ‘Pratibha Setu’ for UPSC aspirants missing final list – World News Network

By worldnewsnetwork

PM Modi-Xi Jinping talks: Congress rakes up Galwan, China’s support to Pakistan, says “Despite nefarious actions…” – World News Network

By worldnewsnetwork
Latest World News Update
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Youtube Instagram

Copyright © 2024 World News Network. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?